If you have a passion for working outdoors, enjoy working as part of a team while providing a service for the local community, and are a qualified Line Mechanic then this could be the job for you.
We are seeking qualified distribution Line Mechanics to join our Overhead team to undertake maintenance and capital works on our Overhead distribution network. Some manual civil work is also required as part of this role.
To be a Line Mechanic within our team you’ll need to tick the following:
- EWRB Distribution Line Mechanic Registration and a current practising licence
- Experience in Overhead line work
- Work safely at all times, looking after yourself, your team and the wider community
- A strong customer service focus
- A high level of physical fitness and confidence working at heights
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive, constructive attitude
- Current Class 1 full Drivers Licence and a Heavy Traffic Licence (Class 2).
We are committed to attracting the very best people and can offer the ideal candidate a constructive workplace culture, future training and development and attractive employment benefits, including health insurance, and a nine-day fortnight work option. We will screen applications as they arrive, so be sure to get in early if this captures your interest!
To apply for this position, you must have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa. Employment with MainPower is subject to pre-employment and ongoing drug and alcohol testing.
To make confidential inquiries, please contact Daryl (Del) Smith on 027 414 2746 or to apply for this role please send your CV with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org