A senior position as a member of the Commercial team and reporting directly to the General Manager Commercial, the Strategy and Business Development Manager leads the company’s strategic planning function – the “MPowered future” and provides a wide range of commercial support to the business.
This role also:
- Has responsibility for evaluating and introducing new business opportunities into MainPower, funnelling opportunities through a stage/gate process.
- Leads the annual business planning process with the board and executive team.
- Leads the development of implementation plans to support the delivery of strategy.
- Is responsible for leading a range of strategic workstreams.
- Manages the development and implementation of network pricing structures and methodologies.
- Regularly reviews all new energy market developments including technology, consumer and industry competitor activity.Is able to step in as General Manager Commercial when needed.
Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will naturally have strong commercial acumen, a strategic mind set, high levels of professionalism and integrity and be comfortable operating at executive level. In order to be effective in this position, you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience in commercial leadership roles, preferably with broad industry experience.
- Significant experience in delivering critical business advice at executive and board level.
- Development of new business opportunities from inception to implementation and operation.
- Experience leading the strategic business planning process.
- Have led the design, implementation and management of planning and analytical models.
- Experience in business intelligence reporting.
- Highly developed written, verbal and presentation skills.
- A relevant tertiary qualification with a post-graduate degree preferred.
- Excellent workplace culture
- Future training and development opportunities
- Attractive Employment benefits, including health insurance
- Nine-day fortnight work option
For more information please phone Louise Green at Sheffield on +64 3 353 4367.
To apply in strict confidence now, email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Applications close on 10 July 2022. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.