A rare opportunity has opened up within our Field Services Underground team – could you be our next Underground Supervisor?
Providing a service to the local community, we are looking for a highly organised individual to lead and supervise the Underground team in the safe and efficient installation of underground electricity networks. The responsibilities of the role include day to day responsibility of the underground team, liaising with civil contractors to ensure MainPower standards are met, and co-ordinating and supervising external contractors.
To be successful you will hold a relevant electrical trade qualification and an EWRB practising licence. Proven cable jointer experience within the electricity supply industry is desirable. You will also:
- Have demonstrated leadership ability, being capable of leading and managing a team.
- Have the ability to assess staff proficiency in accordance with the principles of a competency-based assessment and contribute to a positive assessment environment.
- Be a competent user of electronic devices, Microsoft programmes, with the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and systems.
- Be a good planner with the ability to prioritise work load.
- Have a professional and results orientated approach with good business and customer focus.
- Have the ability to take initiative combined with sound judgement.
- Be calm under pressure – you think on your feet.
We are committed to attracting the very best people and can offer the ideal candidate a constructive workplace culture, future training and development, and attractive employment benefits including health insurance and a nine-day fortnight work option. We will screen applications as they arrive, so be sure to get in early if this captures your interest!
To apply for this position, you must have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa. Employment with MainPower is subject to pre-employment and ongoing drug and alcohol testing.
To make confidential inquiries, please contact Doug Parker on 021 867 762 or to apply for this role please email your CV with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org