There are no current unplanned outages.
If there's no power at your place, check out the current & planned outage map to see if you're affected by either a scheduled maintenance power outage or a fault. If your outage isn't listed or for more information, call us on 0800 30 90 80.
MainPower Annual Meeting 5:30 p.m. 23 September 2021
Due to the nationwide COVID-19 lockdown, the Annual Meeting of MainPower New Zealand Limited (MainPower) was postponed from last month to 5:30 p.m. on Thursday 23 September 2021. Protecting essential workers is our priority, this is to ensure our teams can continue to carry out the services we provide to the North Canterbury community without exposing the team to unnecessary risks.
Please do not attend the MainPower Annual Meeting if you:
- Have any of the following symptoms: fever, new cough, new breathlessness, sore throat, runny nose or cold symptoms, loss of sense of smell or taste, muscle aches.
- Have been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the last 14 days.
- Have visited a location of interest where the Ministry of Health requires self-isolation.
- Are awaiting a COVID-19 test result.
Attending the meeting
- Attendees will be required to sign into the government contact tracing app upon arrival and will be required to answer questions related to their health and Covid-19 before entering.
- Please wear a facemask when attending the meeting.
- The AGM will be held in the staff cafeteria. Please follow the signs to access this area of the building. Do not enter through reception.
- A 2 metre minimum distance will need to be maintained at all times. There will be a limited capacity based on space, when this is reached no others will be allowed to enter.
- No food or drink will be provided.
- The agenda will provide for the MainPower AGM followed by the Trust meeting after, there will be no time allocated for supper as in previous years. All attendees will be required to leave after the meetings have ended to enable a deep clean of the areas to be carried out.
Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions about this, please phone 0800 30 90 80.
Planned Outages - COVID-19
At COVID-19 Alert Levels 2 and 1, all planned outages will proceed as scheduled.
Check out our planned outages map to see the current status of any upcoming planned power outages you may be affected by or call 0800 30 90 80 to get in touch.
We recognise outages may be difficult for some customers to manage, however, we must ensure we can maintain a safe, reliable, quality supply of electricity throughout the network.